We are Open by Appointment Only
Click Here To Make An Appointment
Know the Law
To obtain a concealed weapons license, applicants must:
- Complete the Concealed Weapons License Application form
- Provide proof of firearm training
- Provide photo identification
- Provide previous concealed weapons licenses (if any)
- The fee for the original issuance of a five-year permit is $59.85
- The renewal fee is $37.85
- Payment may be made by cash, credit card, or check
The completed application and a complete set of fingerprints will be submitted by Driver’s Services to the Idaho State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) for the required FBI criminal history records check.
The law allows the Sheriff’s Office 90 days to process the application and background check; the Average process time is 30 to 60 days. Upon approval, applicants will be notified to return to Driver’s Services to be photographed and receive their concealed weapon license.