Snowmobile Trails and Info
Blaine County manages the Snowmobile Trail Grooming Program for the 12 snowmobile trails in the Wood River Valley. The Northern trails are all located within the SNRA and consist of 4 trails ranked between easy (green) and moderate (blue). Of these 4 trails, the East Fork of Baker Creek is the only trail that has a risk of avalanche danger. The Southern trails consist of 4 main trails and 4 connector trails, ranked between easy (green) and moderate (blue). Muldoon and Bell Mountain both have the potential for high avalanche danger, and the top of Quigley Road can also be prone to avalanches. Please be sure to check the Sawtooth Avalanche Center for the most up to date avalanche information before going on the trails. The snowmobile trails are groomed weekly unless the weather prohibits safe access to the areas. They are also groomed after heavy storms, resources and weather permitting.
The state of Idaho requires an 18" base at the trail parking lots before the groomer can be unloaded. For more information on snowmobile grooming visit the BCRD Trailink here.
Any questions regarding the Blaine County Snowmobile Trail Grooming program can be sent to email@example.com or by calling 208-727-7221.
To protect elk and deer, no motorized vehicles are allowed within restriction areas from January 1st through April 30th. You can view the restriction map here.
- Click on the link for today’s forecast. Sawtooth Avalanche Center Forecasts
- Sawtooth Avalanche Center. Avalanche Level 1 Motorized Specific.
- Snowmobiling in Idaho
- Sawtooth Avalanche Center
- To register your snowmobile:
- Department of Parks and Recreation Registration Sticker, Permit and Certificate Sales
- How Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation put your funds to work.
- Idaho Snowmobile Program Locations
Blaine County Snowmobile Advisory Committee:
- Angenie McCleary, Blaine County Commissioner
- Steve Thompson, Blaine County Road & Bridge
- Chad Sluder, Grooming Coordinator
- Michael Robinson, Idaho Department of Parks and Rec
- Zach Poff, Sawtooth National Forest
- Sterling Kingman, Sawtooth Snowmobile Club
- Joe St. Onge, Back Country Skiers Alliance