- Departments A - K
- Emergency Management
- Wildfire Updates
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions ordered for south central Idaho
State and federal land management agencies implemented Stage 1 Fire Restrictions on lands within south central Idaho on July 2, 2021, at 12:01 a.m.
Stage 1 fire restrictions will be in place on federal, state, endowment and private forest and rangelands, roads, and trails, situated in Blaine, Camas, and Custer counties.
These restrictions are being implemented by agencies managing or providing wildland fire protection, which include the Bureau of Land Management Twin Falls District, and the Idaho Department of Lands (IDL). The following Zone is going into restrictions:
Zone 1 – Sawtooth North
All Twin Falls District BLM and Idaho State and endowment lands north of Highway 20 to the northern most Sawtooth National Forest boundary. From Hill City east to the Craters of the Moon National Monument Park Visitor Center.
Under the Stage 1 Fire Restrictions, the following acts are prohibited on state and federally managed or protected lands, roads, and trails:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire or stove fire except within a designated recreation site and in a permanent concrete or metal fire ring, or on private land, and only within an owner-provided structure.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or designated recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
The following are exemptions to the Stage 1 Fire Restrictions:
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using fire fueled solely by liquid petroleum or liquid petroleum gas (LPG) fuels. Such devices, including propane campfires, may be used only in an area cleared of flammable material.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any federal, state or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted.
- Other exemptions unique to each agency.
If you are planning a visit to public lands in these areas, please check with the BLM Twin Falls District BLM https://www.blm.gov/idaho or the Idaho Department of Lands for the latest information or visit www.idahofireinfo.com.