Do agricultural buildings require a building permit?

No and yes! No, they do not require a building permit, but do require a setback permit obtained through the building department if the agricultural building is located in an agricultural zoning district (A-20, A-40, R-10, and RR-40 in Blaine County) and they meet the definition contained in the Blaine County Building Code: "Agricultural Building": A structure designed and constructed to house farm implements, hay, grain, poultry, livestock or other horticultural products.

This structure shall not be a place of human habitation or a place of employment where agricultural products are processed, treated or packaged, nor shall it be a place used by the public." Yes, agricultural buildings do require building permits when not located in the zoning districts listed.

Show All Answers

1. How much snow can my roof hold?
2. When do I need a building permit?
3. Do agricultural buildings require a building permit?
4. How long does the permit process take?
5. Does my application have to go to the planning and zoning commission?
6. When do I pay for my permit?
7. How do I cancel a building permit?
8. What is a deposit for the final inspection?
9. Can I get an estimate on the permit fee?